2010年12月9日星期四

currently about replica watch gift how to save our world

With a lot of talk going on currently about replica watch gift how to save our world, or pieces of it, what do you think are the conversations most worth sustaining?Climate change may be the most important and useful topic because it is such a vast umbrella under which so many other niche concerns can find a place. Recognizing that climate change calls for a massive reexamination of our values and priorities – of how we live and what we do. This has to happen at every level.Right now, Nature is inviting us to mature as a species, and addressing the myriad causes of climate change is one way to accept that invitation.

If we don’t accept it, Nature will find more rigorous methods to make us focus.The work you’ve done both as a journalist and an author has brought you face to face with some of the worst perils threatening us and our world. How do you stay best replica watches motivated and optimistic?Managing and transforming rage and sorrow is an ongoing process for me. For better or worse, it seems to be an essential part of the human condition. We happen to have been born into a period of cataclysmic global change, and my small role appears to be to chronicle what I see. When I’m writing or researching, I feel powerful and purposeful – as if I’m engaged in the drama I am trying to render and illuminate. This may be an illusion though.

I feel sometimes that merely describing is kind of a cowardly act – a luxury, and that true activism is where the rubber really meets the Replica Rolex watches road. There’s a role for both, of course, and I’m not, by nature, an in-your-face kind of person. That said, I think that courage and well-informed outrage and action is what it takes to effect real change.When things get really bad, I retreat to the long view: I think about asteroids, supervolcanos and ice ages, and take some comfort in the fact that we are a small, relatively minor event in the long and tumultuous history of this planet. Heraclitus is helpful here: “All is flux. Nothing is stationary.” People struggling with this might also want to read Emma Brown’s article about Annie Proulx and the Red Desert.The bottom line is: We and all we do are parts of Nature.

没有评论:

发表评论